Can I get a diversion of any charge(s) against me?

A diversion is an agreement between you and the City Prosecutor related to the disposition of the charge(s). A diversion agreement allows you to avoid a conviction on your driving record, if successfully completed. You must call the City Prosecutor’s at 620-223-0550 and their office will send you the diversion application form.

You may be required to pay fines, fees, attend classes or counseling, depending on the type of diversion. If you comply with the terms of the diversion agreement, the charges against you will be dismissed. If you do not comply, the City may revoke your diversion and proceed with prosecution.

Show All Answers

1. If I pay my fine, do I still have to come to Municipal Court?
2. How do I pay a municipal court fine and court costs?
3. How are the Municipal Court fines and court costs set?
4. What happens at arraignment?
5. What is a plea?
6. What happens at trial?
7. What happens at sentencing?
8. Can I speak to a City Prosecutor about my case?
9. Can I have an attorney represent me in court?
10. Can I appeal the Judge’s decision?
11. Can I change my arraignment date?
12. What happens if I missed my second court date?
13. I received a ticket for No Proof of Liability Insurance for the vehicle I was driving. What are my options?
14. Can I get a diversion of any charge(s) against me?