June 3, 1910 - WC. Gunn gives Fern Lake and the Stewart Farm to the City of Fort Scott for a park.
The first shelter house of stone was built in 1910 on the first lake (Fern Lake).
There was a large wood theater building on the other side of Fern
Lake with a seating capacity of 800. During special events such as July 4th, the street cars would take as many as 10,000 people to the park in one day.