- COVID-19 News
- Know the Facts
Know the Facts
Know the Facts
- Currently, there is no evidence of food or food packaging being associated with transmission of COVID-19. Grocery Store Food Safety
- Currently, there is no indication that takeout or drive-thru food will increase illness. Drive Thru Food Safety
- Travel Plans, CDC (includes information about Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) for travelers)
- The Department of State advises U.S. citizens to avoid all international travel due to the global impact of COVID-19.
- New Travel Guidelines, SEK Multi-Health Departments 3/20/2020
- Walmart Stores 3/18/2020 - Walmart has adjusted operating hours to allow for time to restock and sanitize stores. Stores will offer a senior shopping hour each Tuesday for customers 60 and older. Walmart News
- Dollar Stores 3/17/2020 - Dollar Store has adjusted operating hours to allow for time to restock and sanitize stores. Stores will offer a senior shopping hour each morning. Dollar General News
- G&W Stores 3/19/2020 - Beginning Monday 3/23/2020 G&W will be giving senior citizens priority shopping in the first hours of business each day. G&W Fort Scott News
- Restaurant Updates - Information on restaurants and dining options will be updated as new information is made available. Fort Scott Chamber of Commerce
- Chamber Business News - The Chamber of Commerce will continue to post updates provided by Chamber member businesses. Fort Scott Chamber of Commerce News
Effective Monday, March 16, 2020
- The Buck Run Community Center is closed until further notice.
- Parks & Rec activity signups will be postponed until further notice.
- The Fort Scott Regional Tourism Center is closed to the public until further notice.
- The City of Fort Scott is encouraging Fort Scott water utility customers to use the following services to pay utility bills:
- Visit www.fscity.org and Click on “Online Bill Pay”, then click on Water Department tab and pay online;
- Call 1-833-269-5988 and press “1” to make a payment over the phone on the City’s 24/7 automated system;
- If you prefer to pay with a check, there is a drop box in the alley behind City Hall at 123 S. Main Street;
- If you prefer to mail your payment, you can send it to P. O. Box 151, Fort Scott, Kansas 66701;
- To talk to a Water Utility Clerk about your bill, please call 620-223-8133 or 620-223-0550.
Effective Monday, March 4, 2020
The City of Fort Scott will be open to the public beginning Monday, May 4th, 2020.
We ask that if you are not feeling well, have a temperature, or breathing issues to NOT come into City Hall but rather call 223-0550. We will have a policy of one person in and one person out during Phase One of the Governor’s Reopening Plan. The City Commission meetings will not be open to the public at this time due to the limited number of 10 allowed. They can be viewed on the City’s You Tube Channel at City of Fort Scott.
You can still pay your utility bill or Municipal Court fine online at www.fscity.org and click on the Online Bill Pay button. There is also a drop box in the alley behind City Hall.
- Bourbon County State of Emergency - Sunday , March 22, 2020, Bourbon County Emergency Management announced the first confirmed case of COVID-19, Coronavirus, in Bourbon County. The announcement was followed by a Bourbon County Commission meeting where, after a short executive session, a COVID-19 Emergency Resolution was unanimously adopted. The resolution declares a state of local health public emergency within Bourbon County for 60 days or until recovered earlier. Bourbon County Press Release