What do I do if I have sewer problems?
The City Waste Water Utility department is responsible for the sewer mains all the way to the treatment plant. Customers are responsible for the sewer lateral to the main and the tap itself into the main. A sewer lateral is the line that connects your sewer pipes to the sewer main (usually this is a 4 inch drain pipe).

If your drains are not draining and you can not clean them out yourself, then you can call the Wastewater Supervisor at 620-224-8874 and ask that the City check the sewer main. A crew will be dispatched to flush and inspect the city sewer main. If the main is clear then the obstruction is most likely in the customers lateral and they will need to hire a local plumber to fix the problem.

Show All Answers

1. What can I put down the sewer?
2. What do I do if I have sewer problems?
3. What causes sewer problems?
4. How does a wastewater treatment plant work?
5. How can you help prevent sewer problems?
6. What if I smell sewer odors?